As a model in social networks, one should always consider a few basic elements of social media management. Especially (mostly) young models polarize. You’ll soon become a person of public life. So think before creating your model fan page on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To make the first step into social networks and platforms easier, here are 6 tips from Social Media Manager Hanna.
6 helpful tips for your Model Fanpage from Social Media Manager
Facebook & Co. is not only for fans and private individuals – professional photographers, model agencies and scouts are also on the road here. They also use Facebook and Instagram as a platform – also to scout new models! In New York we met an exciting article by Cris Cardona – she also swears by social media. Social media is not only a good tool for your own PR as a model, it is a real must have. It is important for you to be a “social model” by 2015.
Many models even became famous through social media like Tatiana Marinescu. Want your own Facebook fanpage? Then here are 8 helpful tips to make your Facebook look really good!
1. Description of your Facebook profile
The description you have on your fanpage is very important! Remember the introduction. From professional photographers to model agencies and casting agents, almost all people are active users of social media platforms themselves. And you, you’ll definitely read the info, too. The following should be in your fanpage description:
- Bookable requirements: www.cocainemodels.de/booking
- Model Sedcard: www.cocainemodels.de/marie
- Website or portfolio page
- Current photos, possibly including links
- Social Media Links
- Information about you
You’re new and don’t know what to write? No problem. A short description of your agency is also sufficient at the beginning – usually you get text on the agency page.
2. Facebook cover picture: profile pictures work
When people get on your fan pages, the cover is always the first thing they see. Even before they see your profile picture or even the content of the page. Therefore it is important to have a cover picture that is’cool’ and’catchy’. You should be in the picture yourself! This is important. Also make sure to change the cover picture on Facebook at least once a week. With current photo material from photo shootings and advertising campaigns. Of course you also have to have a good profile picture – but you don’t have to change that often
3. How do I post? When is the best time to post?
Your fansite is still empty. You have your profile picture, the cover picture and description texts. Now you should start posting! Best of course, before you invite friends and people to liken your site. It is better to have some content (content, pictures, videos, etc.) on your site first. Social media postings work very visually – that means that pictures and videos in particular work well, long texts rather less. So divide your pictures, with a short description, into a maximum of 3, 4 lines in which you tell people about the photo – about the location, the team or the job itself. But be careful to keep the texts short. You can also share links from friends or other fan pages. And, of course, your model sedcard. If you can mention someone else in your Facebook posts, do it! For example, the photographer. Mention him in the post and mark him in the picture.
Hashtags are very important! You should always use a few in your posts. There are also some trend words like #model or #portrait – many thousands of people search for them every day. You can also make up your own hashtags.
4. Fan and community building: How do I get fans?
Now that you’ve shared a few posts and maybe some pictures, articles and videos, you can invite friends to join Liken. Directly under your title picture there is a button with three subitems – here you can invite friends (“invite your friends”). With this option you can win some fans directly for the fanpage. Invite everyone! You can also ask your friends to mark your site partially or in a post to get more followers and fans.
You should try posting comments on other Facebook fanpages. But also groups can bring you new likes and fans. There are really many modeling groups. All you have to do is search for it on Facebook. Here you can find and get to know other models, if you share your fanpage.
5. What and when should I post?
Now you have first content, pictures or videos, a cover- and profile picture and – important – first fans, you have to keep your fanpage up to date and actively run it. That means, you need a small strategy, so that you always have enough material for postings available.
- You should post something 2-3 times a day
- You can also take pictures from your everyday life, it doesn’t always have to be a professional photo shoot, your fans also want to see what else you do.
- Backstage material loves fans, so share footage that allows your fans to look behind the scenes
- New outfits are always popular, especially in the fashion world
- Fashion show? Then you should tell me immediately!
- Thanks to your fans for their support
Don’t forget Instagram
6 Don’t forget Instagram!
Post to Instagram regularly, i.e. at least once a day. But it shouldn’t be more than four postings, otherwise you will appear too often in other people’s timelines and you might feel disturbed. Unless, of course, you’re at the World Cup final or a Lagerfeld fashion show. Otherwise, stick to 2 or 3 postings a day. Otherwise there are the following things to consider on Instagram:
- Use hashtags! Hashtags find you on Instagram. Look at other pictures, see which ones are popular and what hashtags they use.
- good image quality
- Follow and Like other models, photographers, designers
- Tagge and name people in pictures in which they were involved
- Often it helps to keep a certain look, black and white or a dominant color, objects or filters
- Let your fans see Behind the scenes pictures and show them the finished pictures later.
With these 6 simple tips, you should get your Facebook fan page to the top quickly. If you want to learn more about Social Media Management, you can also contact our Social Media Agency.