Paris, Milano, London. Europe has a lot to offer when it comes to modelling. Every good models goal is to model in Paris one day or to be on a Catwalk for Milan Fashion Week. Even cities like Istanbul have a lot to offer due to the company’s productions which takes place there.So models who live in Istanbul have the advantage to be nearby the client. But you have to have in mind that the jobs there are not as good paid as in other model hotspots.
If you want to become a Model in Europe, you have to have the right Measurements. Especially in the big markets they are very strict when it comes to height and measurements.
Requierements for women in Europe:
- Height: 174-180cm
- Breast: 80-94 cm
- Waist: 55-65 cm
- Hips: 85-93 cm
- Slim figure
- You have to be a special type
Requierements for men in Europe:
- Height: 186-190 cm
- Slim to athletic figure
If you are ready to become a model, apply now!
Do it yourself: Bust, Waist, Hips and Height
These are the measurements points for your first modeling agency application. Take care, that you are totally honest. More about: Take your own measurements for agencies, castings and jobs.
Competition! Advantages and Disadvantages for Models in Europe
Advantages of a Big Markets:
- Exposure You simply will not receive the same degree of exposure to other prospective future employers in a small market. Generally, smaller markets only offer commercial modeling opportunities. If you want to make a name for yourself, your only real OPTION is to work in a big market.
- Opportunity This one is fairly intuitive. A larger market has a larger demand for the same services. Working in a big market will simply provide more job opportunities in gross. The sheer number of advertising, editorial, and other marketing or content producing agencies in a big market create a larger demand for models.
- Money This follows the previous two. Now, keep in mind, there are plenty of low-paying modeling gigs at every level and market. However, with so much demand and wider-reaching platforms, big markets are likely to have the biggest compensating jobs available.
Disadvantages of a Big Market:
- Competition Not only will you have to compete for the same jobs with more people, many of them will have traveled to big markets for the same reason as you—better modeling gigs. This means that not only is the number of competition inflated, the QUALITY of the competition is also tougher as well.
- Scams In smaller markets, where there are fewer opportunities for models to find work, there are subsequently fewer scams. Moreover, once an organization is discovered to be a scam, it is far harder to hide that fact in a small market. Unfortunately, with so many opportunities abound, it is easier for scammers to hide amongst the bustle and target naïve or new potential models.
- Criteria With a glut of potential models, employers in big markets are able to have their “pick of the litter,” so to speak. This means that the standards for potential models become inflated with the inclusion of more competition. Thus, someone who may be a great candidate for modeling in a small market may not find the same opportunity in a bigger one.