Content Marketing Manager / Online Editorial – Full Time in Cologne – Content marketing is a specific niche in the field of digital marketing. It is a way for businesses to connect with their audience and new people without selling them their brand or service! There are various mediums through which they make these connections, such as blog posts, social media posts, emails, gated content and videos. Content marketing and creation is truly an “art form” and requires a lot of practice. For you, it’s about designing creative and interesting content that connects with a specific audience (target audience).
Back to our jobs.
Marketing: Lifestyle and Real Estate
It’s value-added content that helps the reader, answers a question or addresses a problem in a way that’s entertaining to read, watch (graphics, images) or listen to (video embed). Becoming known as an expert on a topic builds customer trust and loyalty, especially if you continue to focus on content that adds value to your audience. But more on that later!
You can (and will) learn: content marketing(SEO, search engine optimization). The responsibilities of our web editor / online editor include:
- Creative production and publication of new content
- Liaise with clients and internal team members to decide on new contributions
- Supervision of the layout (images, graphics and videos)
Job Description: Content Marketing Manager
- We are looking for a passionate web editor to research, plan, write and edit web content.
- You should be a skilled writer with an eye for detail and an understanding of the specific requirements of content marketing.
- Your goal is to produce creative web content that engages our audience.
- Produce and publish new content in a creative way
- Contact with customers and internal team members to decide on new contributions
- Supervise layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork)
- Check content for correctness
- Proofread and edit material
- Collaborate with professionals (e.g., media, marketing, and photographers) to improve article presentation.
- SEO as the basis for structure
- Use social media
- Ensure that the content is up to date
- Comply with copyright and data protection regulations
- Monitor website traffic to measure popularity
- Follow the developments with tools
- Proven professional experience as a web editor
- Min. 1 year practice in a media / advertising agency (content)
- Alternatively 2 years In-House (brand)
- Demonstrable portfolio of published work
- 10-finger system (fast writing)
- Affinity for lifestyle and luxury
- Practical experience with Office programs, Photoshop (optimal) and WordPress
- In-depth knowledge of SEO
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Excellent writing skills in German
- Attention to detail
- Creative mind
Application – Contact
Please send us only a cover letter + resume as PDF. We do not need any certificates or degrees.
- Enter contact details
- Upload cover letter + resume
Online editing explained: Basics
You don’t have any work experience yet, but would like to do an internship with us? Learn here the first details about the job as an online editor and even more specifically content marketing manager. What does your job look like?
- Application: Online Editing / Content Marketing Internship
Online editing: Job description
Web editors prepare content for blogs and websites. They work closely with website managers to create unique, well-structured, readable and engaging content. This regular, new content, increases traffic (amount of visitors) to the site. The better the site is received by existing visitors, the more new readers your writing will attract.
This job requires an excellent understanding of people, thinking and structures (setup), as well as a good sense of the principles and standards on our part.
Working environment: Content Management Systems
Online editors also need to know how to use content management systems (CMS) and insert images into blog posts and websites. So most of this work is done with a content management system. With us, you’ll be working with WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system, to do this. You will regularly write new content for our editorial calendar and learn from one of the best in online marketing.
One of the main tasks of a web editor is to prepare articles for publication on the web. Online editors also make text more interactive and engaging by including images, videos and links to other sites in the piece. You’ll usually then also use image editing software like Photoshop to resize or crop images. For links to other websites, you make sure they open in a new tab to keep readers on the page. In addition, you check that the links and media are properly formatted and functional.
As an online editor, you schedule posts according to the website’s predetermined publishing schedule. For example, a website may publish three articles per day, at certain times. Then you will make sure that these posts are actually published at the specified time. You will also schedule social media posts with links to the articles to attract even more visitors to the site when the articles are published.
Content Marketing Manager
Content marketing is a specific niche in the field of digital marketing. It is a way for businesses to connect with their audience and new people without selling them their brand or service!
There are various mediums through which they make these connections, such as blog posts, social media posts, emails, gated content, and videos. Content marketing and creation is truly an “art form” and requires a lot of practice. For you, it’s about designing creative and interesting content that connects with a specific audience (target audience).
Added value from experts
It’s value-added content that helps the reader, answers a question or addresses a problem in a way that’s entertaining to read, watch (graphics, images) or listen to (video embed). Becoming known as an expert on a topic builds customer trust and loyalty, especially if you continue to focus on content that adds value to your audience.
The purpose of content marketing is to move a person to action. Content should entice someone with valuable, engaging, and relevant information. The job of the content marketer is to determine not only how to do this, but also how to evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies employed using metrics.
A content marketer must be both a storyteller and a data analyst. Ultimately, your goal as a content marketer is to work as part of the company’s overall digital marketing strategy by identifying the target audience and engaging with them in a way that makes sense to them.
Take a look at the day-to-day tasks of a content marketer.
You’ll create a vision for blogs, emails, and social media posts. As a content marketer, you’ll work with a team of writers or freelancers to provide topics. A content marketer can and should also be able to write. To create quality written content, you need excellent writing skills and must be able to persuade your audience without overtly selling. You can do this by understanding the needs of your target audience.
Advanced Duties: Content Marketing Manager
Your extended responsibilities as a Content Marketing Manager are:
- Research trends in your field
- Integrate keywords into your strategy and evaluate effectiveness
- Know your audience and what you can do for them
- Creating engaging and original blog posts, emails, and social media posts that are targeted to your audience and based on current trends
- Use tools to find out what questions your audience is asking and develop content that answers those questions.
- Reuse popular content across multiple platforms
- Create email campaigns targeting users who sign up for gated content or subscribe to the mailing list.
- Maintenance of the company website